例:1. Paul doesn't have to be made _________. He always works hard.
A. study B. to study C. studied D. studying
21. Neither her parents nor she __________ the two _____________.
A. remember… room number B. remembers… room numbers
C. remember…room numbers D. remembers…room number
22. China has _____________ population.
A. a large B. a great deal of C. many D. much
23. I’d like to thank you for the_________ you did me to clean my house.
A. favor B. help C. aid D. assistant
24. __________ of them are not students. Some of them are teachers.
A. One B. Both C. All D. None
25. The earth is 49 _____________ of the moon.
A. time size B. time the size C. times size D. times the size
26. There was a bird ____________ in the sky.
A. fly B. flies C. flying D. flied
27. He ______________ here half an hour ago, but he is still on the way now.
A. had been B. would have been
C. could have been D. should have been
28. You won’t be discouraged as _________ as you are still hopeful.
A. long B. well C. soon D. far
29. Seldom _____________ such a good movie in that small cinema.
A. we do see B. do we see C. we see D. see we
30. That was the second time I ______________ this country.
A. visited B. had visited C. would visit D. has visited
31. Eating vegetables, _________is a good habit, is always a suggestion for keeping healthy.
A. which B that C. it D. what
32. Every year many people ___________ hunger in Africa.
A. die with B. die of C. die from D. die to
33. She went home immediately, ___________ about her baby who was home alone.
A. worry B. worries C. worried D. worrying
34. – Who is this letter written __________? -- My mother. I haven’t been writing her for a month.
A. to B. by C. with D. in
35. This is not a good topic to _____________.
A. talk B. be talked C. talk about D. be talked about
If an American is 36 with you, he will put his thumb and forefinger into a 37 . That means OK. But in Brazil, the very sign is 38 to be rude. In Poland, a guest usually present flowers to his hostess. The number must be an odd(奇数) one. 39 , the hostess isn’t expected to 40 the cover of the bunch of flowers. And usually, red rose is a sign of love.
Usually we nod to express our agreement and shake our heads to show disapproval. To our 41 these body movements mean the 42 in Bulgaria. (保加利亚) Arabs often greet 43 kissing on both cheeks. And the 44 of putting a hand on a person' neck is different 45 Chinese and Americans. Crossing 46 legs in the United States is a sign of 47 relaxed. But in Korea, it's not allowed. In Chinese, people hand 48 with both hands to 49 their respect, but for Muslims, they think the left hand is 50 and do not eat or pass anything with it.
The 51 in customs and cultures in the world are really 52 . We should learn 53 about them to avoid 54 . Then, would you please remember: When in Rome, do as the 55 do.
36. A. satisfy B. satisfying C. satisfied D. satisfaction
37. A. circle B. round C. ball D. ring
38. A. consider B. considers C. considering D. considered
39. A. beside B. besides C. except D. except for
40. A. receive B. repeat C. review D. remove
41. A. surprise B. surprises C. surprising D. surprised
42. A. wrong B. opposite C. same D. different
43. A. with B. to C. by D. as
44. A. pose B gesture C. action D. movement
45. A. for B. from C. at D. in
46. A. one B. ones C. one’s D. ones’
47. A. be B. being C. to be D. to being
48. A. something B. anything C. everything D. nothing
49. A. show B. present C. display D. demonstrate
50. A. clean B. unclean C. tidy D. untidy
51. A. different B. difference C. differences D. differ
52. A. acceptable B. available C. notable D. noticeable
53. A. more B. many C. less D. fewer
54. A. embarrass B. embarrassing C. embarrassed D. embarrassment